Sunday, January 04, 2009

Break 08-09 Lowlights

I missed a funeral because of the shitstorm on Friday 19 Dec. On the upside, I got to go back to Bloomington and do work on my two remaining final essays. On the downside, I got to do this for two days because that's how long I had to wait for another flight.

Also, the morning of the first attempted departure, I barfed in the fifth-floor bathroom of the stacks. Hooray for my first experience with Mad Dog 20/20 hobo wine.

Getting home and having to get right back to academic work... that blows. But, somehow I got both of my essays in before my professors had to resort to "The I."

Christmas is far less exciting as you get older and your parents get lazier. What's this? The thing I ordered for myself two days ago? Well, smack me and call me Nancy.

Went back to the local gym for a bunch of workouts. I figure that when the gym gets crowded, clowns who are (a) wearing jeans, (b) wearing cargo shorts, or (c) wearing Under Armour by itself, should be tossed out, in that order.

Our new dog is fun. She likes to run around outside and taunt the fatty dog next door. I approve of taunting fatties, but not when it's me who has to go try to lasso the little fucker and drag her back home. She is definitely not as smart as the old boy (seen here getting rid of garbage):

She's also just generally a menace. Even so, she's much more into playing than the old boy ever was. She catches tennis balls on the bounce, tosses dog toys to herself, and rips up newspapers in her spare time.

It's of course fitting that such a jokerdog would end up in a house already bursting at the polka-dotted-pants seams with clownishness.
Pulled a 3.92 this semester. Dumber Monkey Theorem comes through again, considering that I thought I failed my literature final and, at best, bumbled through my Russian 5 final.

Went to Boston for New Years... ahh, drinking deep of the tears of Patriots fans... lovely. Took me five-and-a-half hours to drive up because of another shitstorm. Got there safe, though. God, how the T sucks. Seeing A-ron was good, Large Tim's tolerance once again came into question as he passed out before we even called him.

We car-bombed a law school party, as has become the tradition (find a party where people are eating hors d'ouvres and sipping wine... then desophistimicate the whole thing by getting people drunk on carbombs). I did not get very drunk (in fact, I only blew a 0.05 -- I could still legally drive!!) but it was not for lack of trying. And that doesn't mean I didn't have a good time, I certainly did. Some girl there blew a 0.27. Impressive. She had been proposed to earlier that evening, so I'm not sure what conclusions to draw?

Oh yeah! I got a breathalyzer for Christmas. Yes, I have read the Tucker Max story. I got it because Tardbang banged his tard self right into a Dewey last year driving some fat (?) girls home from a party. At least, that's the reason I gave my parents so that they'd get the breathalyzer for me. There are other reasons to have one (Alumni Weekend '09: you can't leave until you blow a 0.2).

Things occurred after New Years. Said things are not worth mentioning. Saw some people at a bar, then came back today. Oh, and I saw Diana Taurasi seemingly confused at the airport. AND Rebecca Lobo was on my plane to Indy. She was apparently traveling here to commentate a Purdue game.

That about gets you up to date. I think I'm going to blog more this spring because I'm only taking 9 credits.

Bon soir *pop*.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dog is beautiful.

Growing up in CT, I couldn't get away from UConn women's basketball. Rita Williams was my all time fave. What gave you the impression Taurasi was confused?

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're the man, house! Keep up the good blogtion.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Also, thanks for the Tucker Max sushi pants story. Fuckin great stuff

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Russell Howd said...

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo310/ShadowRidge/fat_people_poster.jpg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home