Monday, April 02, 2007

Josh Suskin you owe me $20

We had the good fortune of playing Pitt, one of our regional rivals, twice this past weekend. Nothing spectacular worth mentioning about the first game. We lost. Merf. But before the second game, I, Tufsky, Linc, and Josh Suskin of Pitt had a most interesting conversation. Someone brought up the fact that they thought we were meeting again, in the semi-finals, on the same field at the same tournament. Linc and I both pointed out that though everything else was true, we were, in fact, one field over.

Tufsky and Josh were both incredulous. Linc and I offered to each bet $100 on it. God how I wish those Nancies had taken it. They were so sure, like two high school girls thinking the quarterback of the football team actually payed attention to them for any other reason besides biology homework. I reminded Ben and told Josh that I make our highlight video, and that I have reviewed every inch of film from that tournament. They were still sure, and ready to throw down. Negotiations continued, and $20 per person involved was accepted by all parties, payable at Regionals.

10-15 minutes later, during our huddle, Ben let out an "Oh fuck, they're right..." Yes. Yes, I am.

I come before you today to assert... nay, to gloat and guffaw heartily over my victory and remind everyone that when it comes to remembering obscure shit, I AM THE FUCKING MAN. Review the following video clip, proving that Linc and I are without a doubt correct.




If I were you, I would pay me in pennies, but since I preempted that idea by publishing it here, it's not nearly as cool. I look forward to this summer when I go to Moscow and use your $20 to buy more cheap Russian hookers than you can shake a balalaika at.

Oh and if you need more proof, I will actually review the tape rather than just use a highlight I already have. Or I can give more highlights, whichever...


5 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

House -- this highlight clip is from what year?

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger House said...

This is from Easterns 2006, the year that Jake C. from Pitt broke Tufsky's nose, thus enabling Josh Suskin to lose $20 to me, having been emboldened by Tufsky's hazy memory of being on a different field.

Worst sentence ever.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger TallE said...

While I agree that the fields in question were not the same, your video clip is inconclusive at best.

I am surprised Tufsky has any memories, hazy or otherwise, from Easterns 2006.

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

linc also happens to owe me, Jake C. from pitt, 3 dollars on a false quotation of the travel rule during said second meeting of gw and pitt at eastern semi-finals. He can deduct that cost from the money Josh owes.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Jack said...

Yeah, and House owes me royalties from the clip he used of me in this blog post. Without my consent, mind you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home