Sunday, February 04, 2007

My dad is goofy, part two

Another recent email from my dad. This needs a little explanation first. My dad is most assuredly a conservative. He doesn't believe in global warming (for the record, he is educated in that field, so he's not a complete crackpot), supports any and all tax cuts, and supports the war in Iraq. Ironically, he did attend the 1973 protests against the bombing of Cambodia, but that's only because he got a free trip down to D.C. and his professors gave him days off from class. So he says anyways.

What follows is his discussions of for whom he is going to vote in the democratic primary. How is this possible, you ask? Well, the year was 2006. Incumbent senator Joseph Lieberman faced challenger Ned Lamont for the Democratic nomination to run for Senator in Connecticut. Since Lieberman supported the Iraq war, and since Connecticut is a hardcore blue state, my dad made a decision. Previously, he had been an independent who always voted Republican. Since any Republican candidate would be assured of defeat, and since my dad agrees with more of Lieberman's policies than he would have agreed with Lamont's policies, he registered as a Democrat so he could vote for Lieberman in the Democratic primary.

He is still a registered Democrat. Knowing all this, I present to you another email from my dad:

"As a Democrat, I think I'm beginning to get an idea who my favorite Democratic candidate for president is going to be. It won't be Walking Eagle unless everyone else dies. [Hillary Clinton. Long story. Essentially he forwarded me a fictitious email with a story about how Hillary attended a Native American rally, and they gave her the name Walking Eagle because she could be compared to a bird so full of shit it can no longer fly.]. It won't be Mr. Clean [Obama], because he's too green. It won't be The Dude (Dodd), who looks like he's trying to please Lamont supporters. I'm thinking Joe Biden, especially after he came out with those statements he made about W. E. and Mr. Clean the other day. I'll vote for the one that's farthest to the right on primary day, but that will probably be the last time I vote for any of them.

Have a good weekend. We may be heading out to RPI tomorrow. I have a feeling it'll be more of a shopping trip than anything else.

Love,
-Dad"

My dad is goofy. Part two.

3 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

vegas?

 
At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

vegas??

 
At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

vegas???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home