Weird night
I don't really do bars (at least not yet) but I was persuaded to go out to TomTom's, a bar up in Adams Morgan. They have a deal where you get 4 beers and 4 shots for $10. I tried to give the beers away in exchange for shots, but I ended up having to drink two cups of the vile nectar of the nitwit. Thank god I'm good at chugging.
This night was noteworthy for two reasons. One, I ran into Adam Scott, a guy with whom I graduated from my high school. Now, keep in mind, my high school graduating class was 120 students, and my school was around 550. So what are the odds that two of us from the same class would be in the same bar, on the same night, and actually run into each other? Man, it's pretty absurd to think about.
The second thing worth mentioning is what happened at Jumbo Slice. Jumbo Slice is a small group of restaurants in D.C. that stay open late and sell HUGE slices of pizza (think 1/4 of an extra large pizza from any major chain, or bigger). They are one of a mind-bogglingly few food service establishments that realize drunk people will pay out the ass for food. Anyways, it's basically this big garage with a giant light-up sign behind the counter that just has their logo and very limited menu. Think of a giant plastic light-up box literally extending up to the ceiling and slightly below the counter.
So there's this drunk guy who's with his friends milling about in the open area between the garage door and the counter. He starts violently flicking something off of his pizza, and mumbling. This continues, and the mumbling crescendos into a cry of "I FUCKING HATE... SAUSAGE!!" With that, he grabs the slice, crumples it up in his hands, and chucks it at the big plastic sign, baseball-style. It doesn't stick to the sign, which would have been sweet, but instead leaves a smudge of tomato sauce, and makes a hollow 'thump' against the big plastic sign. The whole crowd, at least those of us who saw the progression from annoyed mumbling to pizza-hurling, erupts in laughter.
I was describing this scenario to a couple of people via GChat while I was at work, and I was snickering the whole time. Replaying this scenario in my mind will take quite some time to get old.

2 Comments:
3rd memorable event occuring that night......Abdul-Aziz has my life in the front of his cab.
If only that guy had said "Mothafuckin SAUSAGE!", then it would have been craigslist worthy.
Post a Comment
<< Home