Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Woman with mustache?

I was on the Metro today coming back from a "field trip" to the International Spy Museum, when I spotted what seemed to be your standard issue secretary type woman sitting in the same car. At first glance, there was nothing out of the ordinary -- wait, no, at first glance, I was physically repulsed by her MUSTACHE.

Yes, this woman had a bona fide, me-after-4-days mustache going on. Not just some peach fuzz or some rogue facial hairs, a legitimate 'stache.

There were several things about this woman's appearance that were quite puzzling. First of all, she was dressed up in normal business attire - blouse, nice pants, nice shoes, etc. She obviously works in an office environment... but she had A MUSTACHE.

Secondly, she had acrylic nails on. Not horribly obtrusive nails like the cashiers at Shoppers or elsewhere in the DC retail world, but she obviously went to a nice salon or something and had her nails done. How, then, could any self-respecting salon employee not ask this woman if she wanted a goddamned waxing! Jesus, this stache is more obtrusive than my acne in 8th grade, hasn't someone had the balls (or ovaries I guess) to offer this woman some assistance in not looking like a truck driver?

Thirdly, she had a wedding ring. How'd you like to get a welcome-home kiss from a woman with a mustache? Whatever guy she married definitely has something wrong in the head. You'd think he would say "Hey, why don't you go get that taken care of? If I wanted to exfoliate my upper lip, I'd mack it with a Brillo pad."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home