Thanks for the call, asshole
I swear to God, if one more person says "I'll call you [after x/before y/during z]" and doesn't call, I'm going to punch them in the nose. I don't expect a call for every social event in DC. I expect common fucking courtesy. Don't say "I'll call you," unless you are actually planning on doing it. Failing to call without sufficient reason is rude, it disrupts planning, and it pisses people off.
This includes a good general lesson: don't assume things. Don't say you'll call someone, and then when the time comes, assume they are no longer interested, assume they are busy or found something else to do, or WORST OF ALL assume they'll just call you. Hold yourself to some kind of standard. If you say you are going to do something (incidentally, something that is very, very easy), follow through. While you're dawdling or being an asshole, someone else is trying to plan based on incomplete information. That, and it's just flat-out rude.
I hereby give anyone in my social circle permission to punch me in the face if I ever promise to call someone but fail to do so without reason. In my mind, if I ever was self-centered enough to do that, I deserve a punch in the face.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home