Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I pulled a "George"

Today I took a 30-minute nap beneath my desk because I had no work to do, and my supervisor was nowhere to be found. Bow down before me, office mewkies, for I am thine king. Sleeping at work is like the senior seminar of office jobbery. You start down at "What is this place: Intro to Office 001," with discussions in "Using All Those Buttons: An Office Telephone," moving on through "Work Avoidance Methods," taking some 100-levels -- "Seat Cushions and Flybys: Surviving the Work Poop," "Work Prolonging Methods," "Timesheet Fudgery," and even maybe "Stealing Office Supplies for Fun and Profit." But sleeping at work? And getting paid? That's some advanced study. Something to aspire to, kids. It only took me 5 years of working in offices, but one day you too can live the American dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home