Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Aw, man! My chocolate eggs!

The title is a quote from Ethan, who brought along a bag of Cadbury eggs to our tournament this past weekend in Wilmington, NC. I finally got a chance to quench my lust for playing Pittsburgh, our main regional rival, but my desires for victory went unfulfilled. I got kneed in the head, that was pretty sweet. It was okay though cause the guy who did it is one of the nicest guys on Pitt, and I was playing pretty rough defense, so meh, whatever (getting pegged in the same spot during intramural volleyball was less than sweet, though).

The main stories of the weekend were off the field though. We stayed at a hotel that had some sort of major plumbing problem just prior to our arrival, so the understaffed front desk had a really long line because the inept employees also had to deal with the plumbing stuff. There were at least three Marines on leave ahead of me, all of whom were definitely getting ass. Case in point, when asked how many nights one girl tittered and said "Oh, the whole night? We're only going to need two hours." This should have set off alarms in my head, but I was too damn tired and frustrated to care. Needless to say, Saturday night I was lulled to sleep by the sound of fucking in the next room over (no one from the team obviously), and, oh yeah, and she was a moaner... I actually woke up the next morning to... more fucking! Anyhow, before I get ahead of myself, we'll start from the beginning.

On the ride down, two of our freshmen were wasted in the back seat (they had been drinking since one o' clock). Unfortunately, we got stuck in traffic even after Dan Sigal crossed a construction-area median, bottoming out to get into the HOV lane. Thus, since the mewkies had to pee, and we were stopped with no exit in sight, the logical choice was to have them pee on the median. This course of action was met with cheers of encouragement from an enthusiastic Mexican man in another car stuck in the same traffic. Oddly enough, Lyle simply could not drain the monster in front of dozens of commuters.

Once down in Carolina, we stopped at Bojangles. Let me say right here and now that Bojangles is a horrendous excuse for a restaurant, and I spent the worst $4.80 of my life there. Worse than frigging Cici's a.k.a. gastrointestinal carpet bombery, and that's saying something. Upon entering, I audibly wondered if the prom had gotten out or something, because all kinds of high school students were hanging out there. Lyle got the cutie eye from one girl who was sitting with her boyfriend, and was subsequently glared at throughout the meal by the boyfriend. We also saw a Cheerwine vending machine, which was amazing. I have a picture of myself next to it, but I have to find somewhere to upload it to.

Day one went by without too many hitches, including a revenge win over Duke. In the after-action stretching circle, we were all informed what "space docking" is, thank you Ethan... Later on, Tufsky hatched a masterful April Fool's joke on Linc. He purchased a fish tank, shattered it, moved Linc's rental car to the opposite side of the hotel, and scattered the glass where the front window would have been. The prank was successful, in that Linc totally thought his car was stolen. That conclusion may have made sense, given that the police were present both nights, once with K-9 units, responding to other calls at the Best Value Inn.

That night, a bunch of guys found some girls who were going through Orientation at UNCW, and so Linc, Fearless, and Lyle were all over them. Rob destroyed some things, as did Lyle, and Ethan went on a walkabout - each of which is nothing more than commonplace.

The ride back wasn't very interesting, but it was a good weekend nonetheless. We beat the teams we should have beaten, but the Pitt game really was frustrating. I really wanted to guard one of their two best handlers, but even though that's all I do, I'm apparently not good enough to even try. We can beat them. We were missing two of our veterans, and Tufsky broke himself again, so once Regionals rolls around, I think they'll see a dramatically different team than the one they saw self-destruct in the final points of the game. If nothing else, it gives us some motivation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home