Lithuania: Day 6 (departure)
So it was finally time to go home. Pretty much the only thing I didn't get to see was a castle that was allegedly pretty cool and had a medievil weaponry exhibit associated with it or something. Also it was on an island inside a lake, which allowed it to be the only fortress not penetrated by the Teutonic Knights or something.
Anyhow, we drove to the airport, I did the usual airport thing, blah blah. Same thing basically, except the leg back to the States was 8.5 hours, not 7.5. I didn't have to pee the entire way, I was pretty proud of myself. The bad part was that there were no less than three (3) screaming young children within a 10-foot radius of my seat. Neither I, nor the svelte Finnish woman beside me thought it very entertaining, and the parents were shot icy stares numerous times throughout the flight. The smelly Polish guy on the end didn't seem to care. Lord, did he smell though. When he got up to use the can, I closed my eyes to go to sleep, then when he came back, I could smell his return before I could see or feel it through the seats. Also, I was standing in customs for an hour and a half, waiting to get back into my own country. Not to mention that two people (who were citizens but didn't speak a word of English the entire time in line) cut me in line.
Finally got through, went home, stayed up until 1, then went to sleep. No jet lag or nothin' - done and done.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home