Sunday, October 09, 2005

Past, present, and future (totally unrelated)

Firstly, who wants to see what I wore to my senior prom?
I be pimpin'
That's the past element of this post.

Present. Hm, well today I was practicing down on the Reflecting Pool fields. There were mucho tourista because of the Colombus Day weekend. Fuck you GW, I want to honor the memory and historical importance of Christopher Colombus, but instead I get to go to class and deal with universi-tards at work. Anyhow, so I was running in a drill and I had just caught a deep throw. Some tourists started cheering for me, so I spiked the disc for them. This one Marine-ish looking guy, about my age, said something like "Wow, you guys take this pretty seriously, huh?" So I rattled off some things about the team like "We play for George Washington, we went to Nationals," blah blah, and someone else in the crowd says (just loud enough for me to hear), "Wow, look at his calves."

Future. Ah, my bleak future. It looks like I'll be double majoring now. I got a letter from my academic advisor the other day, and if I played my cards right, I could graduate in the spring. That's really messed up. I don't want to leave GW. The real world scares the shit out of me. I suppose I could do grad school - but why pay for it when I could totally have the government pay for it once I get an intelligence job? Seriously, no one should have to pay to get their master's. If you can get a good job, your employer will pay for it down the road sometime.

Furthermore, I'd never leave the team before serving out my four years. The grad school option is somewhat intriguing I guess, if I could get into GW grad school, but that's not assured, and I don't want to be sitting there holding my johnson in the fall, having been rejected from GW grad school and having finished my undergrad. Then I'd be "out there," and mad as hell that I wasn't playing ultimate with my boys anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home