Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I'm riding the bus! (LT update 4)

That's what I think of, every time I use public transportation. For the non-Simpsonically-inclined, the title of this post is a quote from Mr. Burns while he is using public transport for the first time after finding himself broke.

Anyways, some interesting experiences today. I got all the way out to Justiniškės (a suburb) to play ultimate. Having not played for two weeks because of cancellations, I would not be denied this time, and certainly not by simple geography.

I saw a dude wearing a Confederate flag belt-buckle. It was a non-sequiter because this dude was a prime candidate for the game "gay or European?" It's a great game.

Anyways, I guess I have the same complaint about when Americans wear the hammer and sickle, or CCCP. That, and when "rebellious" college students wear Che Guevara shirts. My thing is that you should always know what something means or stands for when you wear it. If you don't know shit about Che Guevara, than take his fucking face off of your torso! In the end, people can wear whatever the hell they want, but that won't stop me from calling them all dumbasses.

Another things I noticed on the bus. There were these two teenage Russian girls sitting across from me. You could have been completely deaf to their language and you still would have known they were Russian because they were dressed like small-town prostitutes.

The funny thing was when they got up to get off the bus. Remember that Lewis Black sketch, where he talks about that girl saying "If it weren't for my horse I wouldn't have spent that year in college?" Yeah, well, this was much less severe (and less funny I might add) but worth mentioning nonetheless. As the bus rolls to a stop at the bus-stop, one girl says, in Russian mind you, "Let's get going before everyone knows that we're Russian." Then, she proceeds to stumble on the stairs and do a near-faceplant onto the grimy Soviet-era bus-door.

Tomorrow, or some time in the future, I want to talk about the team that I play with. They're an interesting if underachieving bunch. More on that later.

2 Comments:

At 4:34 AM, Blogger ThoughtsOnWalls said...

I love "gay or European"!

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger House said...

Unfortunately, it's a pretty easy game in a country that is 80% Catholic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home