Sunday, August 26, 2007

Beginning of another semester

I have possibly the greatest schedule I've ever had.

First of all, my silly program doesn't want me taking too many credits. They don't want me to learn too much all at once I guess. I only have to take 30 credits (not including language) to graduate with my M.A., so spreading it out over two years is going to result in some strange scheduling.

Second, my first class is never earlier than 10:00. Granted, it's a 20-minute walk to campus, but still. Not bad.

Third, they gave me a stipend in addition to free tuition, so there's not a heck of a lot motivating me to start working at some shitty job. No missing stuff for work.

So my semester's schedule is going to look like this.

Mondays are going to be kind of crummy. I've got Russian from 1000-1115, followed by a nice heaping portion of my dream class, "Geography of Russia," until 1230. Then from 1600-1800 for some reason, I have my introductory seminar. I don't really see the point of this to be honest, since we're all here because we've been studying Russia for so long. What the hell, do I need to go through the Cuban Missile Crisis again??? I mean seriously that's n00b shit and I've already gone through it in THREE SEPARATE CLASSES. Khrushchev got pantsed and the world saw that he didn't have the balls to step with us, I GET IT.

Anyhow, Tuesday is only one class, from 1430 to 1700. It's about the Baltic countries in the 20th century, so that should be reasonably interesting. If not I can always drop it. I'm taking 12 credits, and my adviser really only wanted me to take 9. I couldn't bring myself to take 9 credits though. I would feel like less of a man.

Wednesday is the same as Monday, except without the asshole evening class.

Thursday is a big steaming pile of nothing.

Friday I have Russian for fifty minutes in the morning.

So that's it. Aaaannnd the nearest liquor store is two blocks north on College Ave. Let's be a grad student!

2 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

good luck at ultimate practice. first move in your first marking drill should be the mo

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Adam said...

How did I know you were gonna write it out in military time?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home