Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back to our regularly scheduled programming

If I ever get around to it, I'll finish my Russia postings. Truth be told, I stopped taking notes about halfway through because we went to a summer camp, and then after that I was sick for like 4 days. By that time, I said fuckit and just figured I'd go off of memory. Also, that last week was not particularly interesting. Either way, I'll finish that isht later on at some point, if I can find time.

For now though, I'm at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN. I will be here for two years getting my M.A. in Russian & East European Studies. I got a bitchin' stipend, so I live in a bitchin' apartment. I'll get video eventually. I wanted to do that earlier but it turns out that when I replaced my burned-out motherboard, I bought one that doesn't have a FireWire connector on it. Bummer indeed. I haven't even been able to start the video yet (eek).

Anyways, moving so far from home has been taxing. Buying furniture sucks, and buying a bed/bedding is the biggest rip-off since GW Housing. I have been to Target easily a dozen times, also to the mall and (for the first time ever) Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Okay, so, boring stuff aside I was at the mall the other day. I was looking for a tie to match the lovely outfit that my lovely date the lovely Jenee will be wearing to Courtney and Caitlin's wedding. That's two whole discussions in and of itself (one, finding a tie, and two, a discussion of the impending wedding-related awesomeness sure to hit the blog afterwards)... so I'll stick to the point.

At the mall, walking around aimlessly as people seem to do there, I saw a pregnant woman sitting in one of those free try-me massage chair deals. She looked like she was having a good time, but it made me wonder... could she have given her child shaken baby syndrome while it was still in the womb? I mean, wasn't there a case where some batty woman left her baby on top of the turned-on dryer and it kicked the bucket (or... laundry hamper I guess in this case?)? Wouldn't the massage chair be ten times worse, seeing as sitting on a dryer is AT LEAST ten times less satisfying than sitting on a massage chair? I sincerely doubt that anyone out there is an expert on neonatal health, but honestly... it definitely evinced a second thought.

3 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave - your crazy. :) This is Pam, your cousin, Jason's wife. Anyhow, we played host to your sis this weekend as she fled from the possibilty of a hydrological disaster. Thankfully, it seemed to have spared Greenville and put a thumping on New Haven. Go figure, maybe your parent should have come instead. Anyhow, it was a lovely weekend. We gave Cate the tour and the spent the rest of the weekend cruising around on a boat on High Rock Lake. She drank vast amounts of sweet tea and is turning into quite a southerner. Lucky girl. Your turn to come and visit. Talk to you soon! p.s. She really misses you. :(

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realized my grammatical mistake. Change the "your" to your're. And to think that I am a teacher....oopps!

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And yet another...I should learn to edit.

Make parent plural.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home