Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Assholes in the group study room

Lately I've taken to studying in the group study room at the library. Really, the decision to storm the nerd castle once again, and start going to the library again, resulted from the fact that I live in a basement room with another kid who has a similarly busy schedule and thus is not around too often. I really need to be around people, or else I get kind of depressed, or worse, sleepy.

Mostly it's sleepy. So I go to the group study room to a) be around people, b) not be shut into my basement room, and c) get shit done.

But there's always that one asshole who has the really piercing annoying voice. Maybe it's a frat boy, whose voice has been raspified by years of chain-smoking, binge drinking, and beef-curtain snuffing (you heard me). Maybe it's the Long Island boat-shoe wearing clown trying to slog his way thorough balancing chemical reactions. Maybe it's the dumbass legacy girl trying to sound halfway erudite talking about Plato or some other philosopher whose name she cannot pronounce.

There's always that one person whose voice rises above the pleasant din to make its way, clear as day, into your brain. To paraphrase a Lewis Black sketch... every so often you hear something so dumb that your brain decides "LET'S FIGURE IT OUT!!" and the next morning they find you dead in your bathroom...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home