Laziness is not a disability
Handicapped Parking Sign: What It Says Now
Handicapped Parking Sign: What It Should Be

I don't care who you are. Unless you meet the criteria, you have no right to park in a handicapped parking spot. Ever. If I see you park your car, without a sticker or handicapped plates, and I see you get out and walk perfectly fine, I will key your car. I don't care if there is a cop sitting right there, I will gladly take the heat... because you deserve it.
A member of my immediate family has multiple sclerosis which has attacked their nervous system to the point where the legs no longer respond normally to the impulses from the brain. This results in the inability to walk long distances and thus, the right to use handicapped parking. Handicapped parking places are for the disabled - laziness is not a disability, although in today's culture of vicitimization, some people seem to think so. By parking in a handicapped space if you are a healthy person, you completely destroy your worth as a human being.
The fact of the matter is, if you park in a handicapped spot, you are potentially forcing a disabled person to endure more pain so that you don't have to haul your worthless fat ass 40 more feet through the parking lot. You are saying to the world that your convenience is more important than easing the pain of a disabled person. And therefore, you forfeit any value you may have had as a human being. If you think it is worth taking that risk, however small, rather than walking a few extra feet, you are a worthless human being. Equally disgusting are people who will hold onto a relative's handicapped marker after they have died or moved away. You are an evil person and you'd better hope your deity is less vengeful than me.
That aside, I direct your attention to the fines attached to handicapped parking violations. According to their website, the state of Connecticut charges a fine of $131.00 for parking in a handicapped spot. This is far too lenient. I was pumping gas the other day when a sticker on the pump alerted me that driving away without paying for your gas carries a $500 fine and the possibility of up to 3 months in prison. For stealing, what, a max of maybe $35 or $40 of gasoline? People who park in handicapped spots are the scum that epitomize the laziness emerging in American culture, and should be treated as more severe offenders. Their indifference to the disabled should be more appalling than a $131 fine.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home