Thursday, November 17, 2005

Hello left hand...

It's not easy for me to type right now, but here's what happened. I was out for a bike ride Wednesday morrning. I was riding along the river, when the path got really bumpy ahead of me. So I veered off into the parking lot adjacent to the bike path. There were a few slow-moving cars, and I was cruising, so I treied to pass one of the cars... on the right. He turned very sharply to the right. I couldn't stop in time, so we collided and I was catapulted onto the pavement. I broke my fall with my hands, thus causing me to fracture my wrist. An illustration of the exact injury can be seen here. Given what the ER doctor said, I won't require surgery, and the recovery time is 4-6 weeks. I'm going to see an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow, and I'll keep everyone updated.

Instantly, I went from about a 9 out of 10 on the scale of enjoying life to a 1 out of 10. I'm probably not playing at CCCs, our last tournament of the fall. This is worst of all because I just went out to practice on Tuesday, coming off a variety of other minor injuries. And I felt awesome, other people noticed too. I was so pumped to play. And now I can't help my team because I'm a fucking moron. It's going to be a long, depressing offseason.

Not to mention that I broke my right wrist. Thus, I can't write, and neither can I type with any reasonable speed. And perhaps most importantly, I can't throw a disc. As a depressing side note, it took me 19 minutes to type this. Yeah.

It's hard for me to even consider that there might be something positive in all this, but really, there is. I could have been a lot more seriously hurt. I wasn't wearing a helmet, and aside from my wrist, my only injuries are a few scrapes. Still though, I can't help but be pissed at myself. Why put out my right hand? Why go biking at all? Why the fuck would I be passing on the right in close quarters? Why didn't I just take the damn path? I'm sorry to the team for being a fucktard. I'm so sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home